Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I signed contract back in March with Solar power company to

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I signed contract back in March with Solar power company to install battery only, installation supposed to be in July. I keep calling them to tell me why no one coming yet and I only get answer soon will someone contact me. I was thinking to engage other company but on my contract says if I cancel contract, I will be liable 20% for the loss of their business. I am stuck, and I don't know what to do. I need help and advice please
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: HOW YOU MEAN?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wish to speak over the phone for advice
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

So they have not complied with the contract.

Is there anything in the contract you signed that says termination?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

A call will cost you a further $85.00 and you have to elect to have one. I am happy to call you to discuss further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Leon
I was already charged for phone call, please call me any time tomorrow I will have contract with me. At the back of contract said: I f I cancel this contract, I may be liable for 20% of contract price. But Natural solar having some issues and I'm not only one. I can't wait for ever , I would love to see someone else to do a job for me
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

You have not elected fro a call and not charged for one. You have offered to pay for the chat session.

If you wish a call you have to elect a call and then I accept and your number is ***** and it is an additional fee to what you have paid.

Are you able to send me the contract by email?

the address is***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what was a charges of $5.00 and $95.00 for?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

I cannot answer that question. I will pass it onto the administrators and they will contact you.

There is not need to reply to this post.