Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a Brivis heating in 2012,since then have had…

Customer Question
I purchased a Brivis...

I purchased a Brivis heating in 2012,since then have had nothing but problems. Late last month it died,called independent s in,they said it was the control board,and it looks like it had lots of previous problems.CONTACTED bRIVIS TO NO AVAIL, THEY SAID IT WAS OUT OF WARRANTY.Please I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF i HAVE ANY LEGAL OPTIONS.Thanking you Linda Low.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, Brivis says nothing can be done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I want my heat on!!!!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/13/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

If the product was faulty from the onset you are covered by the Australian Consumer Laws.

The following link sets out your rights

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees

This is what you quote them and if they do not agree then take them to VCAT

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards