Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In, between the mths of nov, and dec 2016, i was a victim of…

Customer Question
In , between the...

In , between the mths of nov, and dec 2016, i was a victim of a scam, and the monies were transferred between two Aus, banks to the Agricultural Bank 0f China. The amount transferred was USD 18,300-00. iS IT POSSIBLE TO RECOVER THIS MONEY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The matter was reported to the federal police and the banks conerned.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have pages of information regarding this matter.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/12/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

I am sorry to say this but there is very little that the Australian Authorities can do because it is overseas.

You can report the matter to scamwatch and also the AFP

But they will not be able to get the money back for you.

If you want to sue and you know their where abouts in China you will have to sue in China

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards