Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Credit corp have place a judgment against me for $10 000. I…

Customer Question
Hi Credit corp have...

Hi Credit corp have place a judgment against me for $10 000 . I have been in touch with there soliciter but no one is giving me any clear answers . I have had the sherif here to see if they could take anything . Can they make me bank rupt or sell my house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a judgment at court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But i wasn't given notice to appear

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/12/2017
Solicitor: Maverick, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Was the credit corp loan related to your home?

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

Yes they can. If they have judgement from the court they can start the bankruptcy process if they want to go down that path or get a possession order to sell the house from the court.

If you wish to stop this and you have a defence and allege you do not owe the money you can go to court and request they set aside the judgement so you can defend their claim.
If not you are best to organise to pay off the debt with them so they do not take it further

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards