Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm living in nsw in townhouse and my neighbor is building…

Customer Question
I'm living in nsw...

I'm living in nsw in townhouse and my neighbor is building big shed in his backyard and making terrible noise for a longer period of time, doesn't want to come to an agreement about time, does he need approval for building

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In Blacktown 2148, nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I was complaining only about noise to strata

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Me and my husband are older and sick, and need only a little bit peace, at list half day on weekends

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/12/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

Depending on the size of the shed he may need approval. You should contact the council and ask what their requirements are.

Also in relation to building noise there are rules set out by the Environmental Planning Act and if they do not comply you can contact council and have them come out.

The guidelines are set out in the link below.

http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/noise/constructnoise.htm

But council inspectors can deal with this

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards