How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 526
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] Not sure if this is a legal matter.

Customer Question

Second opinion] Not sure if this is a legal matter. Retirement Village with a Residents Ciommittee and a Incorporated Residents Association. Presently mostly same people on both Committees. New elections at end of month and residents have been issued with one only Nomination Form for the Residents Committee and advice that those elected to the Residents Committee will automatically become the Committee of the Incorporated Residents Association. No resident is being given the chance to nominate for a position on one only committee of their choice.JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.Customer: South AustraliaJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: What do you mean "filed" or "reported"JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: that is all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards
John Melis

Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter and based on the facts that have been raised, there is the potential for the argument of suppression of the unit member's right under the association and corporation rules of the committee. The important aspect is to obtain a copy of the association, and committee rules/constitution and to review the rights of the unit holders in relation to nomination and voting rights. This will provide the main answer to you as to what action you may take next in relation to raising a claim against the suppressive conduct that is occurring.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards
John Melis