Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Nee help please, my daughter had a car accident which was

Customer Question

Hi, Nee help please, my daughter had a car accident which was her fault, because she did an illegal turn and ran into another car. the other car was still driveable as he went to work that same day and did not want to wait for the police. my daughter has paid $6000 as he said that was the quote to repair the car. this driver has now advised my daughter that they are going to sue to pay for medical expenses of $80k - please advise what we can do - thank you
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Hi, its in Queensland, and the car is a Mazda 2008 - only the front left passenger door damaged - thank you
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, not with the police, the other driver advised my daughter best not to get the police involved, as my daughter told him she is trying to get into Youth Justice work
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Our car is registered under my name, but not insured, we have only just bought it two week before and my daughter is on her red P
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

Did he suffer injuries?

Her car did have CTP insurance?