Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to bring my wife over from Philippines as soon as…

Customer Question
I want to bring...

I want to bring my wife over from Philippines as soon as possible. Can I bring her over on a Visitor Visa and then lodge the Temporary Partner Visa while she is in Australia and get a Bridging Visa so she can stay here til Permanent partner visa is approved

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am an Australian resident and my wife and I married in Philippines on 22 August this year

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I have been going thru all the info on Immigration website but it doesn't say too much about how to bring her over now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her passport is still in maiden name. will that be a problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/12/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

She can come over as a visitor

When she is here you can apply for what ever visa you like.

But you should consult with a migration agent about the best avenues open to you.

If they suspect she is not coming over as a visitor they may not let her in so you have to be careful there.

But what you are considering is possible but more expensive than applying for the partner visa while she is overseas.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Hi Leon
I will be applying for a partner visa online through Immigration. Will she be eligible to come to Australia as soon as application is submitted or will she have to wait for Temporary Partner Visa to be issued which at moment is 13 months

Good Afternoon

If you apply while she is outside australia she can come visit while waiting for the visa but has to be overseas when her visa is approved.

If you wish to apply in australia then she has to arrive and then you apply. She can then stay until they make a decision.