How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44848
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to bring my wife over from Philippines as soon as

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I want to bring my wife over from Philippines as soon as possible. Can I bring her over on a Visitor Visa and then lodge the Temporary Partner Visa while she is in Australia and get a Bridging Visa so she can stay here til Permanent partner visa is approved
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am an Australian resident and my wife and I married in Philippines on 22 August this year
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I have been going thru all the info on Immigration website but it doesn't say too much about how to bring her over now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Her passport is still in maiden name. will that be a problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

She can come over as a visitor

When she is here you can apply for what ever visa you like.

But you should consult with a migration agent about the best avenues open to you.

If they suspect she is not coming over as a visitor they may not let her in so you have to be careful there.

But what you are considering is possible but more expensive than applying for the partner visa while she is overseas.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.


Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Leon
I will be applying for a partner visa online through Immigration. Will she be eligible to come to Australia as soon as application is submitted or will she have to wait for Temporary Partner Visa to be issued which at moment is 13 months
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

If you apply while she is outside australia she can come visit while waiting for the visa but has to be overseas when her visa is approved.

If you wish to apply in australia then she has to arrive and then you apply. She can then stay until they make a decision.