Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I started an online course with AIPT, but constantly ran…

Customer Question
I started an online...

I started an online course with AIPT, but constantly ran into issues with them like logging in, losing my completed work... I paid about $3000 in cash & now have a VET loan debt & don't want to continue my studies with them as studying with them was a nightmare & waste of time. They're telling me I can't get my refund back because there was a 5 day cooling off period at the time of signing up & apparently they have no record of me continuously trying to resolve my issues with them apart from the ones where I wasn't in front of my computer. My mum was a witness of the many times I attempted to sort things out with them, but I don't have any recordings... I wrote to the Commonwealth Ombudsman on the 31/08/17 but haven't heard back. I heard the ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) can help too? Lost & not sure what to do...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

NSW Back in I believe Sept 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I initially spoke, then wrote to AIPT about not being happy with their level of service & based on my experience with them, I simply can't continue the course. I also wrote to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, but haven't heard back. I never had to deal with an issue as this & am just confused what to do next.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/12/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Do you have evidence of the failure to provide the course?

If you do not then you have an issue proving their failure to supply the service.

If you have the evidence then you can seek compensation from them. But you have to rely on the contract you have with them and Australian Consumer Laws.

There is no ombudsman but you can take them to NCAT if you wish to take action.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards