Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son is a arborist and has injured himself at work due to…

Customer Question
My son is a...

My son is a arborist and has injured himself at work due to the nature of the job and pressure from the boss for speedy work. The type of injuries associated with this job take time to heal. The boss rang him and told him that injured workers cannot be on site until healed. That is fine but he has no money coming in as the company will not pay sick leave. What can he do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, there is no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Unfortunately he has been told that there are no light duties in his industry so every time my son has injured himself at this job, he has returned to work not completely healed due to needing the money so this problem has escalated

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/12/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, please allow me a few moments to review your question and I will respond accordingly.Kind regards *****
Dear customer, in regard to your important matter, where your son has been injured at work, your son may raise a claim directly with work cover. This may be done online using their online form process. Work cover will come to the aid of your son injured at work.If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards *****