Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a web site which opens a new browser tab of another

Customer Question

I have a web site which opens a new browser tab of another web site. the other website is a certain product search site and requires its user to search it using certain text. My site allows the user to use a much simplified search text and opens the other website already filtered for the products the user wants by user the destination site available data to find the final file and once it is found, it directs the user to their site already filtered in a new browser tab. Is this illegal? if so, how to make it so that I am not exposed to legal challenges? Thank you.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is how the site works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao55EE06yXI
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The destination site is http://www.datateck.com.au/lube/valv_auMS/<the text I copied from datateck goes here which filters the page to the exact match for the vehicle the user needs>
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not see an option on this page in regards ***** ***** a phone call.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Do you have the consent of the other site to have a link on your site?

I believe you are asked to request a call and it is a further $85.00