Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a web site which opens a new browser tab of another…

Customer Question
I have a web...

I have a web site which opens a new browser tab of another web site. the other website is a certain product search site and requires its user to search it using certain text. My site allows the user to use a much simplified search text and opens the other website already filtered for the products the user wants by user the destination site available data to find the final file and once it is found, it directs the user to their site already filtered in a new browser tab. Is this illegal? if so, how to make it so that I am not exposed to legal challenges? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Here is how the site works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao55EE06yXI
The destination site is http://www.datateck.com.au/lube/valv_auMS/<the text I copied from datateck goes here which filters the page to the exact match for the vehicle the user needs>
9/11/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

I do not see an option on this page in regards ***** ***** a phone call.

Do you have the consent of the other site to have a link on your site?

I believe you are asked to request a call and it is a further $85.00