Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Our neighbour claims that the fence between our properties

Customer Question

Our neighbour claims that the fence between our properties is 25 cm past the boundary on his side. We have measured the width between fences bounding our property and it is the same as on the property title. Does the fence determine the boundary in Qld?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: As I mentioned, Qld.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
Hello, the property title defines where the fence should be.
As you have checked it and it appears to be in the correct spot, he is in the wrong.Seems to be a simple solution, provide him with the title to confirm that the fencec is in the correct position.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you