How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 526
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the Executor for my partner of a 15 yr de facto

Customer Question

I am the Executor for my partner of a 15 yr de facto relationship. Am I entitled to house contents which my partner had before we met & two cars which I paid for, but put in her name?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Western Australia. one car is a 1996 Ford Probe, the other a 2003 Mercedes A160. The household contents are some which Kate's two sons (beneficiaries) remember from their childhood.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As executor I have registered the cars in my name. Other info has been filed to obtain the Grant of Probate which has been granted to me 08/07/17.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As the will was dated 2011, I consulted a solicitor as to its legality in discussion with her two sons at a family meeting. This solicitor is now acting for them. Is this not a conflict of interest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards
John Meli

Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, you have requested call services, I have put an offer to you, please accept the same and I will be able to call you.

Kind regards *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please email me at or phone mobile(###) ###-#### or home 08 9342 5779
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Follow up made.

Kind regards *****