Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am the Executor for my partner of a 15 yr de facto

Customer Question
I am the Executor...

I am the Executor for my partner of a 15 yr de facto relationship. Am I entitled to house contents which my partner had before we met & two cars which I paid for, but put in her name?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Western Australia. one car is a 1996 Ford Probe, the other a 2003 Mercedes A160. The household contents are some which Kate's two sons (beneficiaries) remember from their childhood.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As executor I have registered the cars in my name. Other info has been filed to obtain the Grant of Probate which has been granted to me 08/07/17.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

As the will was dated 2011, I consulted a solicitor as to its legality in discussion with her two sons at a family meeting. This solicitor is now acting for them. Is this not a conflict of interest?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/11/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards
John Meli

Dear customer, you have requested call services, I have put an offer to you, please accept the same and I will be able to call you.

Kind regards *****

please email me at safaricp:hotmail.com or phone mobile(###) ###-#### or home 08 9342 5779

Follow up made.

Kind regards *****