John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

I have been having issues with Optus its been a very story.

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have been having issues with Optus its been a very long story . to cut it short they made a mistake with my bill and in stead of trying to contact me they got debt collectors to one year after i cancelled my contract . it took me one week to prove i was right and i have proof of them apologising and telling me they will sort out my credit history . well today i found out i have a black mark against my because of this and its Optus mistake .
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: now i can not go for a loan as small as a phone because of them and i was looking at applying for a house in months time
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: yes i was the phone all day to them they just kept transfering me to different section and the supervisor who apologised to me one month ago is not taking my calls
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: for me to get credit Australia to help fight my black mark its going to coast me $2000
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, and based on the information that you have explained you are holding, the first step is to write to the collection agency, explaining all the detail of the chain of events that have occurred. Then in that correspondence, reference the parties you have spoke to at Optus with dates and times. Send this correspondence by email to the collection agency. If they do not respond within 3 business days, contact them again by telephone, seeking a response, and then confirm their reply back by email.

It is important to follow up with written correspondence.

The collection agencies are generally very good with understanding circumstances, when there is supporting evidence, and will also attend to rectifying the credit rating.

If you are still having difficult with the collection agency, I would be pleased to write a letter on your behalf and issue the same.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards