Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have just had a membership application rejected by my

Customer Question
I have just had...

I have just had a membership application rejected by my local club .

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe the reason for it being rejected was because I complained about my wife being verbally abused by the manager and his second in charge

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/11/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Do you have a list of the criteria that you have to meet to be a member? Have you met that criteria?

If you have them you can lodge a complaint.

You have to also look at the constitution to see what your rights are to appeal the decision. If it is discrimination then you can take it further.

But you first have to look at the constitution.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards