How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 542
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the legal age children can choose not to go to their

Customer Question

what is the legal age children can choose not to go to their fathers house fortnightly
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: queensland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: sort off
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much does this info cost
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Family Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards
John Melis

Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, in relation to your important parenting matter, this will depend on the parenting arrangement in place, whether agreed between the parties, or consented by the court.

However, where a child refuses to go to the other parents house, who is not the full time carer, that child cannot be forced to attend that parent’s residence.

However, where there is parenting orders or consented court orders for parenting, and the farther is making an issue of entitlement, the next step is to consider mediation, and if that fails, arrange for supervised visitation, and if that is not agreed too, then seeking assistance from the court.

Children are bound by the parenting orders until they are of the age of 18 years.

What is most important is that where a child is refusing to visit the other parent, who is not the full time carer, this usually signifies a large concern that may be underlying with the situation, which would require further discussion.

The law will protect your children, and continued communication with a lawyer is important with the assistance with guiding steps.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards
John Melis