How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44893
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a way you can make a complaint about a decision

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, is there a way you can make a complaint about a decision which has been made by the Industrial relations without going to Court? i.e crucial information was missed/overlooked with a Workcover claim (psychological) and the Regulator did not take into consideration staff statements which were written to back my claim, instead choosing to believe the employer?? I have had a lie detector test done which proves how my former employer distorted the truth, yet for me to escalate this decision, I need to go to court? I was made redundant while on sick leave, and was not offered another job in the department which was available, yet the regulator did nothing to address this either, even though my former manager emailed a director stating he wanted to remove me from the department 12-months prior to loosing my job and still the regulator chose to ignore this? How??
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has this been documented in any way?
Customer: QLD and yes, the evidence is overwhelming!
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was full time prior to being made redundant. No unions.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - I just want to know if there is any action I can take? I informed workcover that I was willing to pay for my former employer to have a lie detector test done, and they didn't respond? When I mentioned this to the company who did it, we was taken back as he said workcover employed him all the time to do this? There's a lot that doesn't add up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

When was the decision made?

If you believe the decision was incorrect and there is an order of law you lodge an appeal if it was less than 28 days ago.

This is your only option. You have to appeal the decision.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've appealed the decision but I don't want to go to court as I know seeing my former employer will rattle me to say the least. While I have access to some funds, I certainly cannot afford 50k plus as quoted to me on two occassions from other lawyers. I find it frustrating that Industrial relations can blantely disregard information at hand. I was referred to as a c-nt, which she believed did occur yet chose to disregard this in her final decision. How? Is there not an ombudsmen I can refer to?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

If you want to complain about the judge then her boss is the Attorney General.

You can refer to the matter to him/her and they may investigate. But I cannot guarantee it.

There is no ombudsman.

Here are the details of his office

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.