Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was wondering if i can sue or take legal action for

Customer Question
Hello, i was wondering...

Hello, i was wondering if i can sue or take legal action for compensation on a company if there product was defective causeing an explosion of fire causing physical harm asw well as emotional & mental health issues

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No this happened last nite,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I took photos of burns , and the product ,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/10/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Yes you can.

The Australian Consumer Laws say that the product must be fit for the purpose.

If it is faulty and has caused damage then you can sue then in QCAT.

The following link is the law as it stands for all of australia

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards