How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44850
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I reopen my family law property matter? Queensland,

Customer Question

How do I reopen my family law property matter?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Queensland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The matter ostensibly "settled" in March 2016 but my ex-husband breached the agreement within 5 days. I suffer and was suffering from major depression and anxiety as a result mostly from his abuse throughout the relationship and was in no state to make an agreement. He refuses to tell me what shares the SMSF has and wants me to transfer the shares to him. He forged my signature on multiple documents over our entire relationship and I didn't find out til I left him for the last time in 2010. Hundreds of thousands of $ are missing unaccounted for. I have traced some into accounts in his name by getting subpoenas.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have found over 30 accounts in over 10 organisations, multiple shares
with individual companies and thru ComSec, Platinum, Perpetual and more, and ahe dded my name to loans with Westpac and NAB for over $1.8 million (I was never contacted by those organisations and only after I left him did I receive letters seeking repayment), properties in my name I didn't know about but that were sold and the $ disappeared, he sold my house I was buying & bought in my name just at the time we met, he stole my first 2 pays I earned after I'd left him. We were together from about 1989 to about 31 July/1 Aug 2010. I don't remember the exact date - I just left with nothing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening

If he has breached the orders that were made by the court, you file a contravention application.

Here is the link to the family court for the application.

You cannot raise issues now that you have not raised in the initial application. You would be suing him for non compliance.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.