Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Have not pay my rent for 12 months due to hardship now the

Customer Question

Have not pay my rent for 12 months due to hardship now the landlord wants to evict me
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Perth WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no legal contract whatsoever only verbal. But he has been nice though but pressure from partner but trying very hard to obtain funds to pay him but no more compromise
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what should I do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

The fact is it verbal does not mean you do not have a legal contract. It is recognised as a valid lease and it would be seen as an open lease.

Not paying the rent means you are in breach and you will be given a notice to pay the rent or evicted. If you do not pay then they will get an order from the court to have you evicted.

This is all legal and the law will support the landlord. You have a valid lease even though it is verbal.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My account was charged $93 in which I did not authorised. Why is it being deducted whereby I was told $1.49