How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44878
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a full time casual worker contracted out to another

Customer Question

I am a full time casual worker contracted out to another company. Do i have rights when working at the contracted company?. Eg safe work place enviroment, If fired from company do i have a claim?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sa
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time with company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes On friday of this week. The companies fork lift driver tred to run me through with the fork lift. his supervisor just walked away and his co worker was shocked. he just lost it..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On monday of this week i am to inform the police of this matter. This is not the first time he has done this. I have a witness to the event. Also other workers who have tryed to work there before Just wondering Of my rights.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No.. I can see i need to see a lawyer on monday after the police have been there... thanks ..
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

All employees whether casual or permanent are covered by the same laws when it comes to safety compensation etc have the same rights.

If you are fired and a casual you cannot claim unfair dismissal as there is no guarantee. Each shift is seen by the law as you starting a new job every day.

The threats by another employee should be reported to the employer. But you do not have a claim for unfair dismissal.

This is also a criminal offence and you should report it to the police.

You may have a claim under general protections.

Use the following link to see if you are eligible.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.