Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I was caught shoplifting and charged with stealing for…

Customer Question
If I was caught...

If I was caught shoplifting and charged with stealing for amount of $250 and this is my first time in trouble with police what is likely outcome and i am 23

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Queensland and a week ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im looking to plea guilty

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/9/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, the matter will likely be withdrawn and dismissed.
This means there will be no criminal record or fine.
It is not a serious offence at all.
If you have not returned the items, or paid the value back, then do so.
Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Please click accept / rate my service (WITH THE STARS). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost to you