Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My husband been using my debit card for years, Victoria, Not…

Customer Question
My husband been using...

My husband been using my debit card for years

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. Except family violence

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been reciving Centerlink payment for kids. He is being using my card buying lots of groceries,always taking cash out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/9/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, where your husband has been with withdrawing funds from your credit card without your permission, there may be a claim of theft, however, this will of course be subject to the facts. Where there is violence you may seek a family violence order to restrict his access, if this has not occurred already. There are legal options that you can consider, and each of these will be dependent on the particular circumstances. The most important point is that your are safe from harm, where no harassing, intimidating, or threatening conduct is occurring to your person. Where this is the case, you may seek immediate help from the local police in your area.

The law will come to your aid to protect you and secure your legal rights.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

John Melis, Lawyer