John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

My husband been using my debit card for years, Victoria, Not

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My husband been using my debit card for years
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. Except family violence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been reciving Centerlink payment for kids. He is being using my card buying lots of groceries,always taking cash out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, where your husband has been with withdrawing funds from your credit card without your permission, there may be a claim of theft, however, this will of course be subject to the facts. Where there is violence you may seek a family violence order to restrict his access, if this has not occurred already. There are legal options that you can consider, and each of these will be dependent on the particular circumstances. The most important point is that your are safe from harm, where no harassing, intimidating, or threatening conduct is occurring to your person. Where this is the case, you may seek immediate help from the local police in your area.

The law will come to your aid to protect you and secure your legal rights.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards