How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Melis Your Own Question
John Melis
John Melis,
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 531
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
John Melis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband been using my debit card for years, Victoria, Not

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My husband been using my debit card for years
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. Except family violence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been reciving Centerlink payment for kids. He is being using my card buying lots of groceries,always taking cash out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards
John Melis

Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, where your husband has been with withdrawing funds from your credit card without your permission, there may be a claim of theft, however, this will of course be subject to the facts. Where there is violence you may seek a family violence order to restrict his access, if this has not occurred already. There are legal options that you can consider, and each of these will be dependent on the particular circumstances. The most important point is that your are safe from harm, where no harassing, intimidating, or threatening conduct is occurring to your person. Where this is the case, you may seek immediate help from the local police in your area.

The law will come to your aid to protect you and secure your legal rights.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
John Melis