How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 45887
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I resigned from Combined Real Estate Narellan on the 22nd

Customer Question

I resigned from Combined Real Estate Narellan on the 22nd August 2017, in my letter of resignation I stated that I was giving two weeks notice. I discussed with the owner & director of Combined Real Estate that I would finish up on the 8th of September and Allan Sharpe (owner) was in agreeance with this. On Friday the 25th of August I submitted a formal complaint in writing about another member of staff who I believe was bullying me and other members of staff. On Monday the 28th of August I was advised by Kerry Coleman (office manager) that Christian Sharpe (director) was going to pay me out until the 8th of September and that I would finish up my work with Combined Real Estate on the 30th of August so that I wouldn't have to work with said employee. We later came to the agreement that because this other employee had to work on the 30th of August I would finish up on the 29th of August & they would pay me out until the 8th. I have today received my final weeks pay slip & they have only paid me until the 5th of September. Is there anything I can do about this? I was treated extremely poor at Combined Real Estate, putting in multiple complaints about bullying/harassment and getting nowhere & now they are trying to get out of paying me what was agreed.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NSW
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the employment has now been terminated
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 6 months ago.

Good Evening

You can send them a letter demanding you be paid until the end of your notice period. If they do not pay then you can sue them in the Chief Industrial Magistrates Court.

Also they have to pay you out any unpaid and accrued annual leave.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.