Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have my car written off and im at a debate with sgic. 2000

Customer Question

good morning. i have my car written off and im at a debate with sgic.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: 2000 mazda 3 sports maxx in south australia they want to keep excess of 800 and also for car insurance for the next 9 months i have told them why should i pay for insurance still if the car is written off.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: assessor said market value 5200 and with excess and to pay next 9months of insure for 218 they want to give me only 4096 . i have argued with them that since car is written off i should not still pay insurance .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: u can connect me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

I am nit sure what you are asking?

If the car is written off then you should be paid the net amount.

If you still have time left on the policy you can cancel it and they have to refund you the balance till the end of the insurance period.