Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What reason can I present to court to have a DVO case struck…

Customer Question
What reason can I...

What reason can I present to court to have a DVO case struck out because of lack of evidence

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been to court 5 times and QPS just don't show up and it is ajurned for 8 mths

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/9/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

You cannot just ask for it to be struck out

You have to not agree to it have a hearing. Once the prosecution finishes you can then advise the court that there is no case to answer as the evidence they have given is not enough to find you guilty.

Then the court will either decide there is and you will then put your evidence to them or strike it out.

Before you get to that point you can write to the other side and request they withdraw their application and set out why.

But if they refuse you have to have the hearing.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards