Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a query regarding a friend who is out on parole, now…

Customer Question
Good morning, Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I have a query regarding a friend who is out on parole, now he's been out for 6 months after only serving a couple months in for Jay walking pretty much. Now a few weeks ago he purchased a chainsaw , I witnessed this transaction. A week later the police did a walk through of his mum's house (where he's been living ) found the chainsaw and informed him that it was stolen. Now will that be enough for him to go back in as a breach of his cco, parole conditions? If it is I'm willing to take what ever ridiculous charge there may be but just really wanted some advice ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No your the first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope that's everything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/9/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

Who did he buy it from a private person or a store?

If it was stolen and he bought it he may go back to jail as he cannot commit a crime when on parole.