Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a query regarding a friend who is out on parole, now

Customer Question

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a query regarding a friend who is out on parole, now he's been out for 6 months after only serving a couple months in for Jay walking pretty much. Now a few weeks ago he purchased a chainsaw , I witnessed this transaction. A week later the police did a walk through of his mum's house (where he's been living ) found the chainsaw and informed him that it was stolen. Now will that be enough for him to go back in as a breach of his cco, parole conditions? If it is I'm willing to take what ever ridiculous charge there may be but just really wanted some advice ?
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No your the first
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that's everything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening

Who did he buy it from a private person or a store?

If it was stolen and he bought it he may go back to jail as he cannot commit a crime when on parole.