John Melis,
Experience:  Principal Lawyer at Legal AU Pty Ltd
99270703

I was talked into opening an FMFX trading account and

Customer Question

I was talked into opening an FMFX trading account and deposited $42000 into the account , the consultant then gave me a $6000 bonus, I signed a document agreement saying that I had to reach a certain trading level before I can get my money. I never should have done this as my husband doesn't know. I just want my original deposit back and close the account but the consultant won't let me. Please help I don't know what to do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Vic
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm extremely anxious as my husband is not aware of my deception
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly.

Kind regards

Dear customer, in relation to your important matter, there may be a strong argument for breaches of the Australian Consumer Law, Competition and Consumer Act 2010; for misleading conduct, unconscionable conduct, and unfair contract terms.

These claims may be raised against the broker and negotiations started to seek a refund of the money. Where the broker is not willing to communicate you may commence proceedings in VCAT.

If you would like to discuss this matter further by telephone, I welcome you to request those services.

If you have any further questions, I would be pleased to answer those for you.

Kind regards