Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I'd like to lodge a complaint about Viagogo, a ticket

Hi, I'd like to lodge a complaint about Viagogo, a ticket onseller website, regarding tickets to the Australian Open in 2018. Is your organisation the right place to start please? Thanks
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've reported to my bank, tried to get onto Viagogo website and now want to lodge a consumer complaint so that I can join the queue of people dissatisfied with Viagogo and hopefully get the site shut down.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to help others not to fall into the trap that I did by believing this was an official site for Tennis Australia. Thanks

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

We are solicitors that provide you with information on how to proceed.

You have a problem they appear to be overseas and the australian Authorities cannot assist you.

You have to report them to Scamwatch

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Leon, I'm in Victoria. I want to get money back from Viagogo for Australian Open Tennis tickets that I thought I was buying from an official site. Tennis Australia has told me that tickets have not been released for sale and will be released through Ticketek for the general public on Wed. 4th October. Viagogo webiste Ts&Cs say they don't cancel or refund tickets, but buyers can resell on their website. Since Tennis Australia has not released tickets for sale, how can Viagogo claim that they have sold me a ticket? Have I fallen for a reseller's hype? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thanks Leon - just got the gist of what you were trying to tell me in the first place. Thanks.

Good Afternoon

Yo are going to have a problem as they are not in Australia

How did you pay for the tickets and how long ago did you pay?

They are a scam.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought the tickets using my credit card on 2 August and am now working with the bank to try to get a reverse charge on the credit card. I got scammed then! Thanks for your help.

Good Afternoon

Lodge a complaint with the credit card department and they can try getting the money back as you did not get the tickets. All the best and good luck

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Leon, I'll keep going with the bank. It needs evidence in writing from Tennis Australia that any 'ticket' issued by Viagogo will not be honoured before it can deal with Viagogo from the bank's standpoint.

Good Evening

You only have to show them the order and also the confirmation that you have not received anything. This can be done by showing them emails between you and Viagogo.