Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My employer is withholding my pay from the last cycle and I

Customer Question
Hi! My employer is withholding...
Hi! My employer is withholding my pay from the last cycle and I want to know what to do?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Fulltime employment under contract in logistis/ freight forwarding
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that should be good. Than you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Australia Law
My employer is withholding my pay and payslip from my last pay cycle and is refusing to discuss the reason behind this, they are also refusing to discuss it at all. it is already 2 days past my pay day.
I also have documentation confirming that they will not discuss this issue and will not explain it.
9/8/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

If he is not paying you, you have a right to take action to be paid plus interest and costs.

You can refer to the matter to the Fair Work Ombudsman for mediation or sue him in the Magistrates Court for the money you are owed and any costs and interests.

This is the only option you have.

Here is some information on the process

https://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-vic/

Alternatively if you are a member of the union they can contact the employer for you to try and get your money.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor