Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Sold mothers houseaged care.we thought settlement would be…

Customer Question
Sold mothers houseaged care.we...

Sold mothers houseaged care.we thought settlement would be 90 days as in reiv sale authourity, but now find out that planning company says 12 months. this means that our mum may have only 4 more months as we cannot afford the fees

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The solicitor that is acting for hodges real estate is trying to work through this ,as the solicitor did not know of the verbal agreement of both parties of monies for the house owner

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The estate agent in reiv contract states 11000.00 in 60 to 90 days,we have only recieved1100.00 in trust. nothing will be paid till the company gets planning approval. thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/8/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

I am sorry to hear about what has happened but you cannot do very much as the contract is for 12 months and I hope they cannot terminate if they do not get the approvals as it sounds that it may be conditional.

What does the contract for sale that you signed say? What the agents contract says is not relevant it is not what the purchasers and you signed for the sale of your mums home.

how would being a nsw solicitor help me?

Good Morning

Where I am based is not the issue.

Do you have the contract that was signed for the same and what does it say about early releases of money?