Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question about a family intervention order placed…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about a family intervention order placed in Victoria. My daughter had an Order placed in June this year on her partner. He is now seeing professionals about his mental health condition. The Order is placed at the family home address where she moved until he received help. So my question is, how does she go about getting the Order removed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, should she?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at present, thank you so much

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

She has to go back to the court that made it and seek a variation of the order.

I would suggest she not remove it but change it to take into consideration he is having therapy and that he can have contact provided he keeps having the therapy and meets certain conditions that she wants. If the police took it out for her she has to speak to them about getting this done.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards