How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about a family intervention order placed

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question about a family intervention order placed in Victoria. My daughter had an Order placed in June this year on her partner. He is now seeing professionals about his mental health condition. The Order is placed at the family home address where she moved until he received help. So my question is, how does she go about getting the Order removed?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, should she?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at present, thank you so much
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

She has to go back to the court that made it and seek a variation of the order.

I would suggest she not remove it but change it to take into consideration he is having therapy and that he can have contact provided he keeps having the therapy and meets certain conditions that she wants. If the police took it out for her she has to speak to them about getting this done.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.