Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a needling device from a company in Australia. I…

Customer Question
Hi Deborah I purchased...

Hi Deborah I purchased a needling device from a company in Australia. I wasnt happy with it and notified the seller. I then proceded to return the device not due to the fact that it was faulty but it could not do the job. The seller refused to refund and just send me a new device exacetaly the same. She insists that is good enough . It isnt . I just want my money back not another device, What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Western AUstralia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, Just notified problem to seller but she returned the device and refuse to refund.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that will do.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, if the item is defective, under consumer law in Australia, you are entitled to a refund.They cannot just send you another item.You should file a complaint here:
https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protectionPlease click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.