How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An insurance company accepted a claim and took the excess

Customer Question

An insurance company accepted a claim and took the excess then 2 months later when repairs were being done came back and said a clerical error had occurred and they will refund the excess sorry about that
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: This was in Victoria there wasn't a purchase it was an insurance claim
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A claim was made and my son was told to pay the excess which he did then assumed everything was in place then told today, 2 months later that the policy will not be honoured because he had accidently backed into his brothers car who lived at the same address. He asked why had they told him to proceed and pay the excess they said it was their error
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been in contact with the insurance company and they said they are sorry I asked for that in writing but they will not do that. I asked to speak to a manager but they will not do that as that is not the process, every thing I asked for they just say that is not the way there process works, very frustrating
JA: Of course. The best way to reach them is by emailing***@******.***
Customer: Have you any advice?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

The policies say if they are related parties that live in the same house they do not pay.

How much did the reparis cost?