Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My ex tooj voluntary early retirement last july and recieved

Hi my ex tooj voluntary early retirement last july and recieved a large payout from his employer, I can't find anyone that can tell me if he is obligated to pay child support on this being it was taxed, thanku kindly Tracey
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Qld
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I was hoping he would do his tax and maybe I could know something then
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great thanku texting is fine

Good Afternoon

He has to disclose this amount and the Child Support agency will deal with it depending on how it is characterised and will amend the child support assessment.

Here is some information on how child support deal with various types of income.

http://flwg.com.au/guide/pg/cs_child_support_income

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is he legally obligated to pay child support being this was income recieved thru qld rail, he is not compliant in anyway and does anything not to pay child support hence why I'm needing to know the law behind this
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Taxable income that is

Good Afternoon

If he is not paying it and the CSA cannot collect it then they have options to garnishee bank accounts etc.

He has to pay what they assess him if h does not then he has a debt and they will take it from other means.

So if you know he as a debt and is receiving the money and you know his bank account tellCSA to collect. It will also be disclosed in his tax return and the new assessment will be higher.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanku, csa cannot even tell me if he has to pay child support on a large payout, they are no help and he has not done a tax return that I lnow of, this leaves me in thr dark totally

Good Afternoon

It all depends on how it is characterised in his tax return.

But it will impact on the amount he has to pay.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that, take care Tracey

Good Afternoon

All the best

Regards