Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can I donate land to a Council for a rest stop / park How…

Customer Question
can I donate land to...
can I donate land to a Council for a rest stop / park
How
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

You can donate the land but they will have to accept it.

If they refuse to accept it then the transfer will not take place.

You have to approach them and have detailed discussions because there are taxes and charges involved.

Is there any other legal way to get out from under something I was left 40 years ago and now rates have gone viral
cannot afford phone call, will do best I can here.
Has been on market for 8 years but council has put sewer past rural/urban blocks zoned primary production and as they need to be raised 1.2m before any dwelling can be put on them and no made roads connect to them (just fenced off grass areas between blocks) rates are killing me. ucv is 58 and 68 K for relevant block. I am about to retire and assets are a problem at this time

Good Afternoon

No there is no other way I am sorry.

They have to accept it.