Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Hiello i was in a hit and run accident last week. The police

Customer Question

hiello i was in a hit and run accident last week. The police have found the offender. I am wondering if i am able to find out if they have been fined , 1 for causing the accident and 2 leaving an injured person at the side of the road
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: new south wales, last tuesday
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes all reported , police fire and ambo turned up to the scene, i was a motorcycle rider
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to find out if the driver of the car, who caused the accident has been fined / charged
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

The only way to do that is to call the police and ask.

Being such a serious offence if you know his name you can also check and see the local court lists in the closest court to where the incident happened.

But other than that there is nothing else that you can do.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards