Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wish to change a postal address, NSW, A payment has been…

Customer Question
I wish to change...

I wish to change a postal address

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A payment has been deposited in a bank account for the Continence Aids after receiving a letter. Also I need to change the address on my car Insurance

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is all thankyou

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Have you moved house?

I am not sure what the issue is about the bank account? Was the money supposed to be in your bank account?

Moved house and the money is supposed to be in the account.

But the account is not yours?

You have to notify all people you know of your new address. But while that happens you can have a redirection put in place with Australia Post for 6 months that all mail that is addressed to your old address be redirected to the new address

Here is the link from Australia Post

https://auspost.com.au/mrso/mail-redirect/#/redirect-choose