Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am a current Telstra customer. Unfortunately there are

Customer Question

I am a current Telstra customer. Unfortunately there are unresolved issues with my Broadband as a result of Telstra line difficulties in my area. I reported issues in May which were partially resolved. Telstra has agreed to refund me for my $90 Bundle fee and $130 of additional data that I had access through a mobile phone hotspot. More line problems have occurred and reported on 22/08/17 Telstra have advised me that resolving the recent issue has an undetermined time frame.and I have therefore requested that my bill be reviewed and that I be refunded monthly charges and mobile data hotspot charges as well as provided with an alternative data access. Telstra have advised that they can reduce my monthly charge to $70 per month and provide 10GB of data. My monthly bundle has been $90 for 1000GB. Obviously this is extremely unfair. What can I do?
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Western Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: All conversations have been recorded by Telstra. I have a One time verification code which is 349658 although I don't understand what that is for.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. Although at this point in time I have a meeting to attend in less than 30 mins.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

If you are not happy with what they are offering as compensation you can keep trying to negotiate with them for a better deal.

If they will not you can look elswehere for a better deal and cancel the contract as they have not been able to supply what they have agreed.

If you do not want to go elsewhere you can take the matter to the ombudsman and have them decide.

http://www.tio.com.au/

But I agree with you a reduction to 10% of what you initially entered to receive and a price drop of only $20.00 does not compute.

Particularly when for $80.00 you get 500GB according to their site.

I think a costs of $20 or $30 would be more appropriate.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards