Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I'm the alleged victim in a domestic violence case in NSW,

Customer Question

Hi, I'm the alleged victim in a domestic violence case in NSW, Australia. The first mention was yesterday and the next hearing date is in November since the defendant plead not guilty. I now want to withdraw the case and terminate the AVO and I'd like to come to the police station to talk to the prosecutor about dismissal. But my question is when will the subpoena to give evidence be prepared and served to me? If there's any possibility that the police officers have already got the subpoena, so once I come to the police, I will be served the subpoena physically? Since I don't want to come to the hearing to testify nor to receive the subpoena. So should I come to the police station to talk to them or should I avoid any physical contact with them? But I want to explain in person about why I want them to drop the case. Thank you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

Are you reperesented by the police?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just wonder can I come to the police to talk to the officer after the mention without being served by the subpoena?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not able to phone call now. Can you give some suggestions? Or how long does it usually take for a subpoena to give evidence to be prepared?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

You need to speak to the officer and discussed your position and in the end it is the police that have to decide to withdraw it. You are only their witness.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

You will be issued with the subpoena to make sure you appear on the next occassion