Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am requested to pay the overdue bill. ... but I am not…

Customer Question
I am requested to...

I am requested to pay the overdue bill. ... but I am not lived there at the period.. but they said to disconnecting request is my obligation and ask me to pay about $3000 which is for about 3 years energy bill.. I think I requested when I moved out,, so I asked them to provide me with final recording, but they said it is not available.... in this situation is something that you can help?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am talking with them over the email.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Morning

Was this a rental premises?

If you believe that you called and terminated the contract with them you are going to have to take this to the ombudsman.

If this did not occur then who ever was living there used the power and you are going to have to track them down.