How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am requested to pay the overdue bill. ... but I am not

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am requested to pay the overdue bill. ... but I am not lived there at the period.. but they said to disconnecting request is my obligation and ask me to pay about $3000 which is for about 3 years energy bill.. I think I requested when I moved out,, so I asked them to provide me with final recording, but they said it is not available.... in this situation is something that you can help?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: QLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am talking with them over the email.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

Was this a rental premises?

If you believe that you called and terminated the contract with them you are going to have to take this to the ombudsman.

If this did not occur then who ever was living there used the power and you are going to have to track them down.