Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I just sold a rural property of 37 acres...the valuer

Customer Question

i just sold a rural property of 37 acres...the valuer advised the curtilage is worth $20,000. i have no income in australia although i am a dual citizen w/Au & USA. I am collecting my US Age pension which is approx. $18,000 a year. how much tax-roughly of course- can i expect to pay on the $20,000 property after taking the 50% deduction?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet...i have only the letter from a licensed Valuer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening

Is the $18,000.00 US or AUD?

Your rural property was it also your principal place of residence and did you receive $20,000.00 for the lot?