Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just sold a rural property of 37 acres...the valuer

Customer Question
I just sold a...

I just sold a rural property of 37 acres...the valuer advised the curtilage is worth $20,000. i have no income in australia although i am a dual citizen w/Au & USA. I am collecting my US Age pension which is approx. $18,000 a year. how much tax-roughly of course- can i expect to pay on the $20,000 property after taking the 50% deduction?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet...i have only the letter from a licensed Valuer

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

Is the $18,000.00 US or AUD?

Your rural property was it also your principal place of residence and did you receive $20,000.00 for the lot?