Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am commencing proceedings for a private nuisance matter…

Customer Question
I am commencing proceedings...

I am commencing proceedings for a private nuisance matter against a neighbour. I am seeking an injunction preventing the neighbour from continuing the nuisance action. Should this application be commenced in the District or Supreme Court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reports have been made to the local council

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The private nuisance is for an odour from the spreading of chicken manure.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 11 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.