Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Living at Gatton 4343 I like to apply for work right ,I'm on

Customer Question

hi I'm David Job living at Gatton 4343 I like to apply for work right ,I'm on bridging visa e now.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm on bridging visa e and I like to apply for work right is it ok?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I like to apply for work right and like to go for holiday in Philipines but I'm on bridging visa e.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Afternoon

You cannot work and you are only allowed to stay while you make arrangements to leave or applying for a new visa. You

Here is the information from the department.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/051-

Here is what the government says about working on your visa

Working in Australia while you hold a BVE

Your grant letter will tell you if you are allowed to work. If you work when you are not allowed to, we can cancel your BVE and detain you. You could also be removed from Australia.

If you are not allowed to work, there are only some circumstances where you might be able to apply for a new BVE that does allow you to work. For example, you might be in financial hardship if you cannot pay for the reasonable cost of your living expenses.

We will assess your circumstances to see if you meet the requirements. If you do not meet the requirements we will not grant you a new BVE that allows you to work. There are different requirements depending on whether you have applied for judicial review or ministerial intervention. There are also special rules for when protection visa applicants are allowed to work.

If the condition of your visa says you cannot work and you do it will be cancelled and you will be deported.

You must comply with the conditions that are on your visa

I am sorry I cannot give you more positive information.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards