How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44889
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having difficulty completing an online course I paid

Customer Question

I am having difficulty completing an online course I paid for due to how slow the website is to download. I have tried from various different internet servers with the same issue so I know it is not my internet connection. I have contacted the online colleges support service twice with no results. I have run a speed test on the website and it comes back as poor. As I am unable to complete this course I am wanting to request a refund from them, is this reasonable?
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: I am in Victoria however I believe Open colleges this in NSW. I paid last November, I have two years to complete the course however I have only been able to get partway through
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I spoke to them on the phone the first time and the second time I wrote an email through their online support service and didn't get a response. I don't know how to report it or who to report to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Leon, happy to receive a response through here not by phone.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 month ago.

Good Morning

Is the fault their website or your internet connection.

If it is definitely their site and you cannot access the material then they have not been able ot provide you with the material and you can request the contract be terminated. You have to look at the terms and conditions you agreed to and see what it says about termination.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.