Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having difficulty completing an online course I paid…

Customer Question
I am having difficulty...

I am having difficulty completing an online course I paid for due to how slow the website is to download. I have tried from various different internet servers with the same issue so I know it is not my internet connection. I have contacted the online colleges support service twice with no results. I have run a speed test on the website and it comes back as poor. As I am unable to complete this course I am wanting to request a refund from them, is this reasonable?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

I am in Victoria however I believe Open colleges this in NSW. I paid last November, I have two years to complete the course however I have only been able to get partway through

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I spoke to them on the phone the first time and the second time I wrote an email through their online support service and didn't get a response. I don't know how to report it or who to report to

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Law
9/6/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 10 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Hi Leon, happy to receive a response through here not by phone.

Good Morning

Is the fault their website or your internet connection.

If it is definitely their site and you cannot access the material then they have not been able ot provide you with the material and you can request the contract be terminated. You have to look at the terms and conditions you agreed to and see what it says about termination.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards