Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My parents migrated to Australia in the early 1950s, but

My parents migrated to Australia in the early 1950s, but were naturalized in late 50s, before I was born in 1965. They were made to give up their Italian citizenship. How can I get dual citizenship now?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have two elder sisters, one was born before they were naturalized, so she could get dual, but has not tired.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Evening

If at the time of your birth at least one of your parents was an italian citizen you can apply.

Here is the information from the Italian consulate in Sydney

http://www.conssydney.esteri.it/consolato_sydney/resource/doc/2016/03/how_to_-_italian_citizenship_by_descent.pdf

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No they were both naturalized at the same time. Is there not any way to get around the system, some loop hole?

Good Evening

If they were not italian citizens then you are not eligible

http://www.ambcanberra.esteri.it/resource/2015/02/39632_f_FAQ.pdf

Regards

I am sorry but there is no loophole.