Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My fiancee is overseas and I'd like to bring him over. is my…

Hi my fiancee is...

Hi my fiancee is overseas and I'd like to bring him over. hi is my distant cousin we have been engage for a year or so and i would like to remain in Australia and bring him over. i was wondering to see what the role in Adelaide says about it and how i can bring him here?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like what? He is In Afghanistan and studying at uni

8/18/2017
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards

Sure

Dear customer, you may bring your partner over to Australian on various visa options, whether being a partner visa or student visa.

I recommend that you review the following link as this will provide the options in detail:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

You can complete the process online though the noted website. It is easy to use and navigate.

When you need help you may engage an immigration agent to assist you, and an agent can be located at this link which is close to your residential area:

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

For the Prospective-Marriage it says I have to be at least 18 and have seen him. Im arrived in Australia on the 13 of august when I was 15 years old and now I turned 19. My fiancée and I lived in the same city in Iran. I talked to another person in legal and immigration in Adelaide and he said it's not possible to bring him here because I was 15 so is that true??? As student visa is very expensive I don't think he can do that.

Dear customer, as you are over 18 years old, the visa stream that you could apply under is Partner visa.

Please review the following links:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Part

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Appl/Partner

Kind regards

With the partner visa which the length of the visa is nine months, so when he get here and we married he can stay here and how long it takes him to get his preeminent visa???? I haven't get my citizenship yet but I'm applying for it so what the rows says in this situation?

Dear customer, would you like to talk by telephone?

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, once your partner is granted a partner visa, it remains enforce until the relationship ends, or permanent residency is granted in accordance with the immigration regulations.

I hope this assist you and I answered all your questions.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

please that would work

Dear Customer, you are most welcome.

Kind regards

***********

This is my number

Dear customer, you need to select the service noted.

Kind regards *****

Okay

Thank you.

Kind regards

John Melis, Lawyer
Thanks so much

You are most welcome.

Hi I'm not happy by taking out my money