Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

When if ever was the law Prohibiting the construction of a

Mosque for prayer...
when if ever was the law Prohibiting the construction of a Mosque for prayer , and changed to the construction for a mosque for schooling, Bypassing our laws
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: was as far as I know at a national level
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am not aware of any thing or that the law was recinded
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
8/18/2017

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards

Dear customer, any building that needs to be constructed or the use of a particular premises requires, it is regulated by the local council in the area. All councils have an application form process to follow to meet the guidelines in that particular zoning area. Where zoning regulations permit the build type or particular use of a premises, and the council is rejecting that build or use, a claim may then be raised in the planning division whether it is VCAT in Victoria, NCAT in NSW, QCAT QLD, to dispute the refusal. It is a lengthy process to raise claim, but where the regulations permit, and the council has refused due to community objections, the planning regulations will provide the first basis of the grounds to dispute the same.

If you have any further questions, I am pleased to assist you.

Kind regards *****

Well I was under the distinct impression that an Australian Law was in place forbidding the construction of a working worshiping Mosque, and the subsequent constructions were under the umbrella of it being a school, thus circumnavigating the law, and further use for payer is also illegal, so my question is Does the law exist and if so why is it not enforced ? regards Ray

Dear customer, there is no national or state law on this particular issue that is raised, as such law would be in breach of the Australian Constitution.

Buildings and use type of these building comes down council planning and regulations, that are controlled by the local community through their voting power.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards *****

Dear customer, thank you for accepting the answer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again for assistance.

Kind regards