Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I remain owed $25,000 for unpaid rent by a previous tenant.

Customer Question
I remain owed $25,000...

I remain owed $25,000 for unpaid rent by a previous tenant. Already has stopped paying as directed by NCAT. I wish to sue for the total owed, would it be a feasible case to pursue?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?

Written lease from 2010 to 2015 via bond board. Filed to tribunal for 2015,s rent owed, they directed them to pay fortnightly, they stopped paying in October 2016. Total when added from 2013 of rent unpaid including 2015 the came to $25,000

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Sent paperwork to a civil lawyer in Maitland 2 months ago for review they have not given any answer or service related to the case as to proceed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is the cost for the lawyers advice

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

That would be great thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/7/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Local Court.
A Magistrate will preside over the matter and make a judgement call.
http://www.localcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/cases/civil_cases.aspx

It is the most effective way to undertake litigation. They can seek an order that payment be made.

Also, has there been judgement from NCAT? If so, you can just enforce the order at the Local Court.
The Local Court staff will be able to assist in that respect without a need for a Solicitor.

I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.