Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hope that you can. I am a former student of Careers

Customer Question
Hi, I hope that...

Hi, I hope that you can. I am a former student of Careers Australia, I have a VET FREE-HELP LOAN of $20.000. The course was sold to me over the phone and I realized as I commenced studies, the course was not what I expected.studies as I am suffering from depression, and caring for my elderly parents

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry entered too soon oops

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that pretty much wraps my situation thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
8/7/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Good Afternoon

Do you have a copy of the course terms and conditons that you can email me so I can see about withdrawing?

How long have you been studying the course and have you approached them about the issues?

I assume the $20,000.00 has been paid in full and you are paying off the loan?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Leon, I'm in Adelaide SA. I will need to search for the documentations you require. I am and have been unemployed during my studies with Careers Australia. I did advise them of my predicament, was advised to call a number, and communicate my problem but by the time I got around to do so they went into receivership. I commenced studies in 2015.

Good Morning

They are in recievership?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Leon, sorry for my delay in responding. I need to know, what your charges are for this advice?

You have offered an amount to pay and as long as you stay on this post you do not pay anymore. Only once you accept my information will I be paid. If you elect a call then they will advise you on what that will cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was asked to pay $5.00
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this all I have to pay?

You have offered to pay more I cannot say how much thought.,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I did not. I was asked to pay $5.00, and that I would get that back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I fined out how much I'm to pay?