Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I hope that you can. I am a former student of Careers

Customer Question

Hi, I hope that you can. I am a former student of Careers Australia, I have a VET FREE-HELP LOAN of $20.000. The course was sold to me over the phone and I realized as I commenced studies, the course was not what I expected.studies as I am suffering from depression, and caring for my elderly parents
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: sorry entered too soon oops
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that pretty much wraps my situation thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question. If you choose a telephone call, you will be charged an additional fee.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Do you have a copy of the course terms and conditons that you can email me so I can see about withdrawing?

How long have you been studying the course and have you approached them about the issues?

I assume the $20,000.00 has been paid in full and you are paying off the loan?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Leon, I'm in Adelaide SA. I will need to search for the documentations you require. I am and have been unemployed during my studies with Careers Australia. I did advise them of my predicament, was advised to call a number, and communicate my problem but by the time I got around to do so they went into receivership. I commenced studies in 2015.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning

They are in recievership?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Leon, sorry for my delay in responding. I need to know, what your charges are for this advice?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

You have offered an amount to pay and as long as you stay on this post you do not pay anymore. Only once you accept my information will I be paid. If you elect a call then they will advise you on what that will cost.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was asked to pay $5.00
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this all I have to pay?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

You have offered to pay more I cannot say how much thought.,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I did not. I was asked to pay $5.00, and that I would get that back.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I fined out how much I'm to pay?